Friday, April 3, 2009

Loving my girl

Today I spent about fifteen minutes in Lowe's with my daughter. I swear I grew at least one gray hair a minute. The girl cannot have both feet on the ground at the same time. She cannot not touch things. Even when things are out of reach, she's reaching for them. She alternately flits off like a hummingbird and disappears, or sweetly holds my hand and jerks me all over the place as she proceeds to chase after everything she would be going after if she wasn't holding my hand. She often doesn't have either foot on the ground, and every automatic door we came to (there are many inside Lowe's) she karate-chopped open. As we were leaving through another karate-chopped door with my arm once again almost yanked out of its socket, I commented on the fact that I wish she could just calm down. She looked at me, and with complete sincerity said, "But Mama, you want me to be who I am."

Yes, my girl, I do.

PS This morning I found her in the garage in nothing but her shirt and panties, holding the puppy. The door to the backyard was open and it was snowing outside.

Between drinking out of the dog's water bowl (she did that last fall before I started blogging) and toying with hypothermia (neither of which seemed to have any affect on her at all), she's going to have a seriously beefed-up immune system.

2 comments:

  1. Kaes is truly a free spirit. You have some great years ahead of you! Like Lincoln, she will keep you on your toes and make life an interesting and often amusing challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she kicks the crap out of germs. They fear her.

    You REALLY need to take pictures of her outside with the dogs in her undies..in the rain/snow/whatever.

    ReplyDelete