Tuesday, September 8, 2009

curses

I've heard there is a Chinese curse that goes "May you live in interesting times." Well, here's one for you: May you have intelligent children.

Duncan: I got my math homework done at school today.
Me: Really? That's awesome. Did you remember to bring home your lunchbox?
Duncan: . . .
Me: Duncan!
Duncan: Mom, remember to focus on the positive.
(Duncan can sometimes have a negative outlook on things, so we are constantly telling him to focus on the positive. I believe I called him a turd after that little exchange.)


Jonathon (running out to the car as I'm leaving to pick up his brother from school): Mom, I have to tell you something. You starting the car reminded me.
Me (sitting in the middle of the road): What do you have to tell me?
Jonathon: This time next year I'll have my learner's permit.
(I believe I also called him a turd at this point.)

2 comments:

  1. Now now Michelle, I don't believe that calling your children "turd" is focusing on the positive. . . do you? :) :) They are still alive though. . .and THAT is positive.
    Now that we do home lunches all the time my kids are leaving their lunch boxes at school all the time. Thank goodness for those environemnt destroying plastic bags. This is why I don't get the fabric bags that save the enviroment.. what would I send my kids lunches in? What and leave THAT at school half the time too?

    ReplyDelete